Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello everyone!

I am sorry for the mass email but I want to get this word out as far and wide as possible.

While on my residency in Dresden I had the fantastic opportunity to get to know Iduna Bohning. Iduna runs the gallery Kunsthaus Raskolnikow as well as facilitates all the visiting artists from Ohio. She was an amazing resource as well as a friend while I was a guest in her city. Now I am hoping to help her in return.

She will be coming to Columbus in June of 2009. Melissa Vogley-Woods (an artist and organizer of the art competition during the Ohio Fair) is trying to bring Iduna over as a judge for the art competition. In order to do this she needs to find other paid opportunities for Iduna to help pay for her stay. Iduna runs a contemporary gallery in Dresden; she writes grants, works directly with artists to help them realize their projects, collaborates with other local and international art organizations on larger projects, and has amazing insights on how to make things happen. She would be a fantastic guest speaker or possibly a guest curator? Any ideas anyone has would be amazing.

If I have not sent this to someone you think could help, please forward this on. You can either contact me or email Melissa directly- her contact information is listed in the trail of emails attached to this message. Iduna's CV is attached.

This woman went out of her way to make my stay in Dresden a fantastic experience and I would really love to help her come visit us. If you could please let us know of anything that she could be involved in Melissa and I would be very grateful.

Thank you so much!! I hope everyone's Holidays have been relaxing and peaceful. Take care and I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,
Susan Vincent